Location: Regional – North, Midlands or South
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Salary: c £22k p.a. subject to experience, full-time, permanent
Trainee Engineers will be required to fulfil a wide range of engineering tasks covering video and audio signal quality, camera racking, communications, links, rigging, testing, establishing external feeds, troubleshooting and assisting other members of the crew in a live sports Outside Broadcast (OB) environment. At base the Trainee Engineer will participate in maintenance duties, ensuring all equipment is in good working order as well as the planning and preparation of larger fixtures. Trainee Engineers will also be expected to undergo HGV driver training.
The role will also include a variety of general OB tasks, to ensure the smooth operation and delivery of all technical services to our racecourses and broadcast partners.
It is expected that the Trainee Engineer will progress to OB Engineer status after gaining suitable skills and experience
Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of Outside Broadcast and live sports broadcasting desirable
- Practical approach to problem-solving to rectify faults and/or establish a ‘work round’
- Physically fit to manually move equipment to all appropriate locations.
- Ability to work under pressure and to ‘tight’ deadlines
- Strong inter personal skills to communicate effectively and be part of a team
- Able to plan tasks and prioritise effectively
- Willingness to learn and develop across all aspects of Outside Broadcasting
- Comfortable with working at heights, in isolation and exposed to the weather
- Adept at MS Office and Broadcast IT
- Ideally a good working knowledge of horse racing
- Degree level of education in engineering or media/broadcast or similar
- A full clean UK driving licence preferable
For an application form to include your preferred working location, please email: email@example.com