Starting Stalls Handler/Driver
6 months Fixed Term Contract, April to September
£35,300 p.a. pro-rata
- To load racehorses into starting stalls to provide a fair start for horse racing.
- To transport starting stalls between racecourse venues, driving a mini artic and trailer.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of working with thoroughbred racehorses.
- A good working knowledge of and confidence in working with thoroughbreds and associated tackle.
- Alertness and awareness of surrounding circumstances including working with casual handlers.
- Physically fit and agile.
- Able to drive long vehicles and to manoeuvre stalls/trailers into difficult positions.
- Good inter personal skills and being part of a team.
- Basic electrical, mechanical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A full clean UK driving licence with B+E or C1+E.
Applications via letter and CV to be sent to Bob Ivey, Head of HR. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainee Transport and Health & Safety Administrator
Based at: RaceTech Head Office, Raynes Park, South-West London
Reports to: Racing Operations & Safety Manager
Direct reports: None
Hours: 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (Alternate weekend on-call cover after training)
Salary: £18,000-£20,000 per annum
Working alongside the Transport and Health & Safety Managers, you will be promoting and encouraging high standards of driving, vehicle management and Health & Safety with Head Office and site-based teams. This will include:
- Processing Company Driver Hours and Defect sheets
- Upholding a high standard of tachograph compliance via training and re-training for infringement sign off
- Assisting in the ongoing compliance to the high levels of safety already existing within the business
- Overseeing Health & Safety related documentation both on-site and at Head Office
- Assisting with auditing on sites and carrying out Health & Safety inspections
Skills & Experience
- Excellent IT skills (use of Microsoft Office systems)
- Ability to work to a high standard of accuracy and detail
- Ability to complete work to deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills to be part of a team
- A hard-working and positive attitude
- Willingness to travel to other sites including racecourses
- Have an interest in promoting safety standards within a business
- Have an interest in developing your career with an organisation that is keen on internal progression
- Have a willingness to develop including revising for and taking additional transport and health & safety related qualifications
- Educated to minimum GCSE level or equivalent
- A full clean UK driving licence
- Dealing with enquiries from Drivers
- Monitoring Drivers’ locations
- Answering the phone
- Answering any enquiries via email
- Ensuring all Driver and Health & Safety paperwork is completed correctly and properly filed
- Being mindful of health and safety requirements
- Maintaining high standards of personal conduct and presentation at all times while representing the Company
Additional Points of Appeal
A role with ongoing training and development including:
- Opportunity to train and obtain a CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence – professional driver qualification)
- Opportunity to train for and obtain a NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) certificate
- Possible later opportunity to train for an HGV (heavy goods vehicle) licence
To apply, please send a CV and an accompanying cover letter to Bob Ivey, Head of HR. Email: email@example.com